Friday 5 April 2013

Training Diary 05/04/2013

Charity Ride Stats:
  • Weeks until Bridge 2 Bridge ride - <5 Weeks
  • Donations collected - $2,330.00

Training Stats:
  • Distance YTD - 3,080 km 
  • Elevation YTD - 27,851 m
  • Ride Hours YTD - 127hr 12min
  • Current Weight - 77kg

Only a short entry this week.

Training has been going really well. I have broken the 1000km/month mark for both February and March which is a big step up from my normal totals.

We have had the odd rainy day each week which has meant I have been cleaning my bike regularly. Its important to keep things clean and lubricated on the bike because it maximises the life of all the components. Before the big ride, I will need to check for wear on my chain, cassette and bearings. I already know that I will need to buy some spare brake pads as the wet weather has wore the existing ones down quite abit.

The other thing I want to do is mix up my training routes. I have been doing my standard commute and riverloop commute quite abit - and while it is handy for extra kilometers - its getting boring riding the same track over and over again. I joined Kirsty Broun for a group ride with her coaching group. The original plan was to tackle the hills of Brookfield but due to rain, it turned into a flatter Nudgee Beach ride. It was fun to ride with a different bunch of people so I'll look to join them again.

I am also hoping to meet up with some other cyclists from the forums for rides. Its always nice riding with others, chatting and joking around - it can make 100km ride go by pretty quickly.


Thats about it training-wise. I have a big ride coming up next week. I have signed up for the Ipswich 160km charity ride. It will be my longest single ride to date and I am looking forward to the challenge. It will be a tough day in the saddle but Im sure I'll make it.


Never give up.



No comments:

Post a Comment